AccrueHealth is a consumer-focused, technology-driven solution for health care funding accounts. We offer a variety of account types through an integrated service model to support employers of all sizes.
Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Account (ICHRA)
An ICHRA is a new type of reimbursement model that offers substantial flexibility to employers of all sizes. Like a standard HRA, this account is fully funded by employers with tax-free contributions to reimburse their employees for eligible medical expenses. What makes an ICHRA unique is that the money can also be used by employees to pay for individual health insurance premiums. It’s a way for employers to reimburse their employees for insurance rather than buying it for them.
- No minimum participation requirements
- No minimum or maximum contribution limits
- Choose the eligibility requirements
- Ability to offer different allowance amounts to different classes of employees
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
A standard HRA is funded by employers with tax-free contributions to help employees pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance and copays. The account is fully funded and designed by the employer — contributions cannot be paid through a reduction in an employee’s salary. The employer decides how much employees receive, what’s considered an eligible expense and other customizations such as whether a debit card will be offered.
Control what’s reimbursable and retain unused funds
Reduced premium and payroll costs
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
This account is fully funded by employees with pre-tax contributions from their paycheck. Employees can use their FSA to pay for eligible medical expenses — saving money on items they would already be paying for such as doctors’ visits, prescription drugs and more.
- Limited-Purpose FSAs can be offered with an HSA to pay for eligible vision and dental expenses only. It allows employees to save money on vision and dental expenses while harnessing the long-term savings power of an HSA.
- Dependent Care FSAs let employees use pretax dollars to pay for eligible expenses related to care for a child, disabled spouse, elderly parent or any other dependent requiring assisted care.
- Reduced payroll costs
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Coupled with a high-deductible health plan, employees can use this tax-sheltered savings account to pay for qualified medical expenses. An HSA can be funded by pre-tax contributions from both the employee and their employer. The money in an HSA belongs to the employee — it grows with interest and offers investment options after reaching a minimum balance. Note that employees cannot have this type of account with an FSA, unless it is a limited purpose FSA.
- Potential savings in Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) and unemployment contribution
- Reduced premium costs
Integrated, Hassle-Free Employer Experience
By choosing AccrueHealth, employers get an experienced administrator who is integrated with their medical carrier — one team for medical, HRA, FSA and HSA benefits. This service model allows us to uniquely deliver a streamlined, hassle-free experience for employers.
- In-House Administration with Dedicated Staff: In addition to having a dedicated account manager, employers are supported by an experienced team of claims processors, member services staff, account coordinators and reporting analysts who are focused on quality and efficiency.
- Coordinated Implementation: An overall implementation plan is customized for the employer. The AccrueHealth account team will work directly with the employer’s benefits staff to determine and set up administration details. Enrollment and deposit files can be sent directly to AccrueHealth for free without the need for a third-party administrator.
- Plan Design Flexibility: Employers have the freedom to customize options for each account type, such as grace period, rollover, contribution amounts and frequency.
- Built-In Support for Incentives: We can coordinate deposits to AccrueHealth HRA and HSA accounts for employers who offer an incentive program through our rewards platform.
- Easy HSA Transfer: We can coordinate the transition of members’ balances from the prior HSA account custodian. Our approach includes member communications, capturing electronic consent and bulk transfer of funds.
Download material for employers:Meet AccrueHealth for employers Intro to ICHRA for employers Intro to ICHRA for consumers
To learn more about AccrueHealth, email Enrollment.Accruehealth@bcbssc.com.
Choose Your Plan
Choose your Blue Plan from the following list to register or sign in to your My Health Toolkit® account.
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- BlueChoice HealthPlan
- State of South Carolina Health Plan
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- BlueCross and BlueShield of Nebraska
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
What if my plan's not included in the list?
Your Blue Plan may offer a different type of online account. Visit the website on the back of your insurance card to learn more.
Each of these Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.